Bewegungsfelder Inertial Motion Capture (2016)
Bewegungsfelder is a mobile & customizable inertial motion capture system for skeletal animation. The system is mainly a software to capture and record skeletal animations and standalone IMU sensor modules based on the ESP8266 Wifi SoC.
- Flexible skeleton definition.
- Live 3D visualisation of sensors and skeleton pose.
- Recording & playback of animations.
- BVH file export & import.
- UDP server accepts incoming sensor values.
The IMU sensors are stand-alone, each sensor transmits a Quaternion containing current orientation and raw acceleration and angular rates (used for sensor calibration). The communication protocol ist straightforward and easy to implement on other chips as well. (i.e. Smartphones)